Tomorrow, the Lee County Legislative Delegation will discuss Representative Botana’s important bill that creates the Captiva Island Conservation Area to maintain Captiva’s current building heights and density.
The meeting begins at 7:00 am, and we ask that everyone does their best to arrive on time. The address is: Florida Southwestern State College, 8099 College Parkway, Fort Myers, 33919, in the Nursing Building, Room AA-177.
Please see the attached campus map – the meeting will be held in Building AA.
Directions from Captiva and Sanibel:
- Exit the causeway and proceed to Summerlin Road.
- Continue for 12 miles to College Parkway Exit on RIGHT.
- At the light, turn LEFT onto College Parkway.
- Make FIRST LEFT turn into Campus onto FSW Parkway.
- Parking lot and nursing building AA are on your immediate LEFT.
We must voice our support for this bill to our state representatives and senators in order for the bill to be heard during the upcoming Legislative Session. Captiva residents will speak first, followed by Sanibel residents, and then other Lee County residents. Please limit your remarks to under three minutes to ensure the delegation can hear from as many people as possible.
Thank you again to everyone who has emailed the legislators in advance of tomorrow’s meeting!